Archipel alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Cloud Management" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Archipel or a related project?
What is Archipel?
Archipel is an Open Source project that aims to bring push notifications to virtualization orchestration using XMPP.
Archipel relies on open source technologies like python, ejabberd, cappuccino, strophe, nginx, libvirt, KVM and even more. All of these technologies are mixed together to create a real time orchestration solution for virtualization.
Thanks to Archipel you are be able to:
- Visualize in real time the states of virtual machines and hypervisors
- Send real time commands to them
- Communicate inside the orchestrator with other human users
- Organize virtual machines and hypervisors into groups and send commands to them
- Connect distant datacenters in a secure way using XMPP S2S communication
- Even use Archipel with XMPP client in order to receive your VMs notifications
- Avoid the presence of SPOF. If a something fails, everything else still works
- Use it with KVM, Xen, OpenVZ, VirtualBox, and mix them all if you want to
- Have a great real time interface
- And so much more to come!
- Website : http://archipelproject.org
- Nighty Builds : http://nightlies.archipelproject.org
- Test application : http://app.archipelproject.org
- Mailing list : http://groups.google.com/group/archipelproject
- IRC : <irc://irc.freenode.net/#archipel>
- Sources : https://github.com/archipelproject/archipel
- Wiki : https://github.com/archipelproject/archipel/wiki
- Bugtracker : https://github.com/archipelproject/archipel/issues
- FAQ : https://github.com/archipelproject/Archipel/wiki/Faq
The complete installation procedure can be found at https://github.com/archipelproject/archipel/wiki. If you find some errors, please feel free to correct them.
- Antoine Mercadal (primalmotion) : Lead developer
- Cyril Peponnet (CyrilPeponnet) : contributor
- Nicolas Ochem (nicolasochem) : contributor
- Franck Villaume (nerville) : contributor
- Alexandre Fernandez (crashtest) : contributor
- Ben Langfeld (benlangfedl) : StropheCappuccino contributor
- David Weber (david-weber) : contributor
- Anonymous (npmap) : contributor
- Alexandre Fernadez (crashtext) : main website hosting
Archipel is distributed under AGPL v3. See the LICENSE file
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Archipel README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.