v1.2.1 ChangesAugust 25, 2019
🛠 Bugfix release
- 🛠 Fix bug: TypeError in backintime.py if mount failed while running a snapshot (#1005)
v1.2.0 ChangesApril 27, 2019
🚀 Final major release of Version 1.2.0
- switch to Qt5
- rewrite huge parts
- ➕ add unit-test for most important parts
- a lot more, I can't remember ;o)
Please find the full Changelog here
v1.1.24 ChangesNovember 07, 2017
🛠 Fix a critical bug which allow shell injection
EDIT: This issue has been assigned CVE-2017-16667
- 🛠 fix critical bug: shell injection in notify-send (#834)
v1.1.22 ChangesOctober 28, 2017
🛠 Fix some minor bugs and backport from 1.2.0
v1.1.20 ChangesApril 09, 2017
🚑 This release fixes a critical bug which could be used to escalate permissions. @mgerstner identified a race condition in Polkit CheckAuthorization. It was reported as CVE-2017-7572
- backport bug fix: polkit CheckAuthorization: race condition in privilege authorization (CVE-2017-7572)
v1.1.18 ChangesMarch 29, 2017
🚀 Again a Bug Fix release. I messed up the last release and BiT didn't take manual snapshots anymore. Sorry for the troubles.
- 🛠 Fix bug: manual snapshots from GUI didn't work (#728)
v1.1.16 ChangesMarch 28, 2017
v1.1.14 ChangesMarch 05, 2017
🐛 Bug fix release fixing a critical bug which could make a system unboot-able if restoring filesystem-root as root without 'Full rsync mode' and with ACL and/or xattr activated.
🛠 Couple other bug fixes have been backported from 1.2. series, too.
- ⏱ backport bug fix: udev schedule not working (#605)
- backport bug fix: Keyring doesn't work with KDE Plasma5 (#545)
- backport bug fix: nameError in tools.make_dirs (#622)
- backport bug fix: use current folder if no file is selected in files view
- 🛠 Fix critical bug: restore filesystem-root without 'Full rsync mode' with ACL and/or xargs activated broke whole system (#708)
v1.1.12 ChangesJanuary 11, 2016
v1.1.10 ChangesJanuary 09, 2016
🚀 I'm happy to announce the release of BackInTime 1.1.10! A lot of things did happen for BackInTime 🙌
- 🌐 first of all I moved BIT from Launchpad to GitHub. Code hosting and bug tracking is now on GitHub. Translations stays on Launchpad.
- ✅ we now have unittests which will help to prevent future bugs (thanks to Dorian, Alexandre, Aurélien and Gregory from IAGL)! This unittests will be checked with every new commit on travis-ci.org (thanks to Taylor).
- an unfinished new_snapshot can now be continued if possible. This will speed up the process a lot if a previous snapshot failed.
- GUI will now start much faster when using slow destinations (e.g. a NAS). The snapshots list will be loaded after the GUI comes up.
- I added a custom icon for the 'show hidden folders' button. The old + was very confusing.
- navigation with Nautilus shortcuts (e.g. ALT + ←) and Next/Previous Mouse Buttons are now possible.
- 🛠 and of course lots of bug fixes
- 🛠 Fix bug: failed to remove empty lock file (#505)
- ➕ Add Icon 'show-hidden' (#507)
- ➕ Add Modify for Full System Backup button to settings page, to change some profile settings
- 🛠 Fix bug: Restore the correct file owner and group fail if they are not present in system (#58)
- add get|set_list_value to configfile
- 🛠 Fix bug: QObject::startTimer error on closing app
- subclass ApplicationInstance in GUIApplicationInstance to reduce redundant code
- speed up app start by adding snapshots to timeline in background thread
- ➕ add warning on failed permission restore (#58)
- ➕ add unittest (thanks to Dorian, Alexandre, Aurélien and Gregory from IAGL)
- 🛠 Fix bug: FileNotFoundError while starting pw-cache from source
- continue an unfinished new_snapshot if possible (#400)
- 🛠 Fix bug: suppress warning about failed inhibit suspend if run as root (#500)
- 🛠 Fix bug: UI blocked/greyed out while removing snapshot (#487)
- 🛠 Fix bug: pw-cache failed on leftover PID file, using ApplicationInstance now (#468)
- 🛠 Fix bug: failed to parse some arguments (#492)
- 🛠 Fix bug: failed to start GUI if launched from systray icon
- 🛠 Fix bug: deleted snapshot is still listed in Timeline if using mode SSH (#493)
- 🛠 Fix bug: PermissionError while deleting readonly files on sshfs mounted share (#490)
- ➕ Add Nautilus-like shortcuts for navigating in file browser (#483)
- speed up mounting of SSH+encrypted profiles
- 🛠 Fix bug: creat new encrypted profiles with encfs >= 1.8.0 failed (#477)
- 🛠 Fix bug: AttributeError in common/tools.py if keyring is missing (#473)
- 🛠 Fix bug: remote rename of 'new_snapshot' folder sometimes isn't recognized locally; rename local now (https://answers.launchpad.net/questions/271792)
- 🚚 Move source code and bug tracking to GitHub