Cobbler v3.0.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-09-08 // 12 days ago
Announcements : The V3.x.x branch is now maintained in his own branch to allow development changes to go on top of master.
🔄 Changes :
- 🔌 We made cobbler now more modularized. So plugins can be grouped by directories and can be imported from sub-directories.
- 👍 We dropped support for older Ubuntu versions.
- ⚡️ We updated the
dhcpd.templateto bring an improved experience with dhcp templating.
- 🚚 We removed the custom logger and are now using the standard python3 logger with a config in
- 📦 We fixed some shebangs to
/usr/bin/python3to ease the pain for package maintainers
- 🛠 And more smaller fixes which should not affect your day to day usage but should improve your experience with cobbler.
⚠ WARNING : This release contains breaking changes for your settings file! A guide on how to convert your settings file will be posted here soon!
Previous changes from v3.0.0
After quite some time we proudly announce cobbler version 3.0.0.
This version is mostly adjusting code to python3.
✅ Thanks to @SchoolGuy it got elementary test enhancements and re-writes.
This is the reason why we have Travis and a nicely working continuous integration process running on github for a while.
🚀 SuMa (SuSE Manager) 4.0 makes use of this cobbler release. So be sure that this one gets important bug fixes and backports from time to time.
🚀 While there have been adoptions for other distributions as well, some might have waited for a python3 compatible release. So here it is.
🚀 As soon as we got some bigger major fixes there might soon be another release. Work in progress is for example:
- 📚 Documentation (consolidating and updating github and source documention, fix dead links/text)
- Python Module/Import structure (shuffle code around to have a proper python module structure)
- 🏗 Spread latest python3 cobbler version and help distros building with latest python3 package dependencies if
not yet done.