Technitium DNS Server v7.1 Release Notes
🚀 Release Date: 23 October 2021
- ➕ Added option in settings to automatically configure a self signed certificate for DNS web service.
- 🛠 Fixed cache poisoning vulnerability [CVE-2021-43105] reported by Xiang Li, Network and Information Security Lab, Tsinghua University and Qifan Zhang, Data-driven Security and Privacy (DSP) Lab, University of California, Irvine when a conditional forwarder zone uses a forwarder controlled by an attacker or uses UDP/TCP forwarder protocol that the attacker can perform MiTM.
- 👍 Block Page App: Added support for automatic self signed certificate to allow showing block page for HTTPS websites.
- ⬇️ Drop Requests App: Added option to drop malformed DNS requests.
- 🔊 Query Logs App: Fixed minor issue which caused the query logs request to fail when a domain with invalid character was logged in the database.
- 🛠 Advanced Blocking App: Fixed bug in loading regex block list which caused the app to not block the domain names as expected.
- ➕ Added logging in DNS server to know why a zone transfer request was refused by the server.
- ➕ Added more environment variables for use with Docker to initialize the DNS server config. Read the environment variable documentation for complete details.
- 🛠 Multiple other minor bug fixes and improvements.