Technitium DNS Server v10.0 Release Notes
🚀 Release Date: 26 November 2022
- ➕ Added Dynamic Updates RFC 2136 security policy support to allow updates only for specified domain names and record types. This adds breaking changes to the zone options HTTP API calls. Any implementation that uses the zone options API must test with new update before deploying to production.
- ➕ Added support for DANE TLSA RFC 6698 record type. This includes support for automatically generating the hash values using certificates in PEM format.
- ➕ Added support for SSHFP RFC 4255 record type.
- 👍 Implemented EDNS Client Subnet (ECS) RFC 7871 support for recursive resolution and forwarding.
- 🚀 Updated HTTP API to accept date time in ISO 8601 format for dashboard and query logs API calls. Any implementation that uses these API must test with new update before deploying to production.
- ⬆️ Upgraded codebase to .NET 7 runtime. If you had manually installed the DNS Server or .NET 6 Runtime earlier then you must install .NET 7 Runtime manually before upgrading the DNS server.
- 🛠 Fixed self-CNAME vulnerability reported by Xiang Li, Network and Information Security Lab, Tsinghua University which caused the DNS server to follow CNAME in loop causing the answer to contain couple of hundred records before the loop limit was hit.
- ⚡️ Updated DNS Apps framework with
IDnsPostProcessorinterface to allow manipulating outbound responses by DNS apps.
- NO DATA App: Added new app to allow returning NO DATA response in Conditional Forwarder zones to allow overriding existing records from the forwarder for specified record types.
- 👍 DNS64 App: Added new app to support DNS64 function RFC 6147 for use by IPv6 only clients.
- ⬆️ Advanced Blocking App: Upgraded the app code to use less memory when same block lists are used across multiple groups.
- ⬆️ Geo Continent App, Geo Country App, and Geo Distance App: Upgraded the apps to support EDNS Client Subnet (ECS) RFC 7871.
- ⬆️ Split Horizon App: Upgraded the app to add 1:1 IP address translation support. This allows mapping external/public IP address to internal/private IP address such that clients in private network can access local services using internal/private IP addresses.
- ➕ Added support for Domain Search DHCP option RFC 3397
- ➕ Added support for CAPWAP Access Controller DHCP option RFC 5417.
- ➕ Added DHCP Scope option to disable DNS updates.
- ➕ Added DHCP Scope option to support domain name for NTP option such that the DHCP server will automatically resolve the domain names and use the resolved IP addresses with the NTP option.
- 🛠 Multiple other minor bug fixes and improvements.