HAProxy is a free, very fast and reliable solution offering high availability, load balancing, and proxying for TCP and HTTP-based applications. It is particularly suited for very high traffic web sites and powers quite a number of the world's most visited ones. Over the years it has become the de-facto standard opensource load balancer, is now shipped with most mainstream Linux distributions, and is often deployed by default in cloud platforms. Since it does not advertise itself, we only know it's used when the admins report it :-)
HAProxy alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Load Balancers" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of HAProxy or a related project?
This is an effort to give documentation for HAProxy to usable form. I found google code wiki version here but I don't know version, it should be outdated.
To compile LaTeX source to PDF run pdflatex or rubber -pdf on configuration.tex file
- Pretty formatted (not all yet), with clickable links (keywords, options, etc...), hyperlinks on RFCs...
- Date: 2011/09/10
- Original text: http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.5/doc/configuration.txt
- PDF found here: https://github.com/langpavel/haproxy-doc/blob/master/version-1-5/tex/configuration.pdf?raw=true
- Only machine splitted with clickable TOC
- Date: 2012/01/08
- Original text: http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/doc/configuration.txt
- PDF found here: https://github.com/langpavel/haproxy-doc/blob/master/version-1-4-19/tex/configuration.pdf?raw=true