Mattermost is an open source, self-hosted Slack-alternative from https://mattermost.org.
It's written in Golang and React and runs as a single Linux binary with MySQL or Postgres. Every month on the 16th a new compiled version is released under an MIT license.
Mattermost alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "ChatOps" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Mattermost or a related project?
Mattermost is an open source, private cloud, Slack-alternative from https://mattermost.com.
It's written in Golang and React and runs as a single Linux binary with MySQL or PostgreSQL. Every month on the 16th a new compiled version is released under an MIT license.
Try out Mattermost
- Join the Mattermost Contributor's server (latest nightly builds, unstable)
- Join the Mattermost Demo server (latest stable version)
Deploy on Heroku
Note: Heroku preview does not include email or persistent storage
Deploy on a Cloud Platform via Bitnami
Auto-deploy Mattermost to Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Oracle Cloud Platform via Bitnami.
Install on Your Own Machine
- One-line Docker Preview
- Developer Machine Setup
- Production Install Guides using Linux Binary
- Production Docker Install
Native Mobile and Desktop Apps
Get Security Bulletins
Receive notifications of critical security updates. The sophistication of online attackers is perpetually increasing. If you are deploying Mattermost it is highly recommended you subscribe to the Mattermost Security Bulletin mailing list for updates on critical security releases.
- Contribute Code
- Find "Help Wanted" projects
- Join Developer Discussion on a Mattermost Server for contributors
- File Bugs
- Share Feature Ideas
- Get Troubleshooting Help
- Help translate Mattermost
- API Options - webhooks, slash commands, drivers and web service
- See who's using Mattermost
- Browse over 700 Mattermost integrations
Get the Latest News
- Twitter - Follow Mattermost
- Blog - Get the latest updates from the Mattermost blog.
- Email - Subscribe to our newsletter (1 or 2 per month)
- IRC - Join the #matterbridge channel on Freenode (thanks to matterircd)
Any other questions, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to meet you!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Mattermost README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.