Mattermost is an open source, self-hosted Slack-alternative from https://mattermost.org.
It's written in Golang and React and runs as a single Linux binary with MySQL or Postgres. Every month on the 16th a new compiled version is released under an MIT license.
Mattermost alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "ChatOps" category.
Alternatively, view Mattermost alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Rocket Chat9.8 9.9 L3 Mattermost VS Rocket ChatThe communications platform that puts data protection first.
Zulip9.4 10.0 L2 Mattermost VS ZulipZulip server and web application. Open-source team chat that helps teams stay productive and focused.
Hubot9.2 0.0 Mattermost VS HubotA customizable life embetterment robot.
Err6.6 6.9 L3 Mattermost VS ErrErrbot is a chatbot, a daemon that connects to your favorite chat service and bring your tools and some fun into the conversation.
Abot5.9 0.0 Mattermost VS AbotItsAbot makes it easy and fun to build your own digital assistant, and we include everything you need to get started.
Lita5.4 1.5 L5 Mattermost VS LitaChatOps for Ruby.
CloudBot4.3 0.0 L4 Mattermost VS CloudBotCloudBot - The simple, fast, expandable, open-source Python IRC Bot!
Eggdrop4.0 9.4 L2 Mattermost VS EggdropThe Eggdrop IRC Bot
Lazlo2.9 0.0 Mattermost VS LazloA chatops automation framework for Slack in Go
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Mattermost or a related project?
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. This repo is the primary source for core development on the Mattermost platform; it's written in Go and React and runs as a single Linux binary with MySQL or PostgreSQL. A new compiled version is released under an MIT license every month on the 16th.
Use it for free in Mattermost Cloud or deploy on-premises.
Learn more about the following use cases with Mattermost:
Other useful resources:
- Download and Install Mattermost - Install, setup, and configure your own Mattermost instance.
- Product documentation - Learn how to run a Mattermost instance and take advantage of all the features.
- Developer documentation - Contribute code to Mattermost or build an integration via APIs, Webhooks, slash commands, Apps, and plugins.
Table of contents
- Try out Mattermost
- Install Mattermost
- Native Mobile and Desktop Apps
- Get Security Bulletins
- Get Involved
- Learn More
- Get the Latest News
- Download and Install Mattermost Self-Hosted - Deploy a Mattermost Self-hosted instance in minutes via Docker, Ubuntu, or tar.
- Get started with Mattermost Cloud to use Mattermost instantly.
- Developer machine setup - Follow this guide if you want to write code for Mattermost.
Other install guides:
- Deploy Mattermost on Docker
- Mattermost Omnibus
- Install Mattermost from Tar
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Debian Buster
- RHEL 8
- More server install guides
Native mobile and desktop apps
In addition to the web interface, you can also download Mattermost clients for Android, iOS, Windows PC, macOS, and Linux.
Get security bulletins
Receive notifications of critical security updates. The sophistication of online attackers is perpetually increasing. If you're deploying Mattermost it's highly recommended you subscribe to the Mattermost Security Bulletin mailing list for updates on critical security releases.
- Contribute to Mattermost
- Find "Help Wanted" projects
- Join Developer Discussion on a Mattermost server for contributors
- Get Help With Mattermost
- API options - webhooks, slash commands, drivers, and web service
- See who's using Mattermost
- Browse over 700 Mattermost integrations
See the [LICENSE file](LICENSE.txt) for license rights and limitations.
Get the latest news
- Twitter - Follow Mattermost.
- Blog - Get the latest updates from the Mattermost blog.
- Facebook - Follow Mattermost.
- LinkedIn - Follow Mattermost.
- Email - Subscribe to our newsletter (1 or 2 per month).
- Mattermost - Join the ~contributors channel on the Mattermost Community Server.
- IRC - Join the #matterbridge channel on Freenode (thanks to matterircd).
Please see [CONTRIBUTING.md](./CONTRIBUTING.md). Join the Mattermost Contributors server to join community discussions about contributions, development, and more.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Mattermost README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.