OpenNebula alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Cloud Management" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of OpenNebula or a related project?
OpenNebula is an open source platform delivering a simple but feature-rich and flexible solution to build and manage enterprise clouds for virtualized services, containerized applications and serverless computing.
To Start Using OpenNebula
- Explore OpenNebula’s key features on our website.
- Have a look at our introductory datasheet.
- Browse our catalog of screencasts and video tutorials.
- Download our technical white papers.
- See our Documentation.
- Join our Community Forum.
Contributing to OpenNebula
- Contribute to Development.
- Learn about how to expand our Add-on Catalog.
- Help us translate OpenNebula to your language.
- Report a security vulnerability.
You can find more information about OpenNebula’s architecture, installation, configuration and references to configuration files in this documentation section.
The Front-end is the central part of an OpenNebula installation. This is the machine where the server software is installed and where you connect to manage your cloud. It can be a physical node or a virtual instance.
Please, visit the official documentation for more details and a step-by-step guide. Using the packages provided on our site is the recommended method, to ensure the installation of the latest version, and to avoid possible package divergences with different distributions. There are two alternatives here: you can add our package repositories to your system, or visit the [software menu](opennebula.io/use/) to download the latest package for your Linux distribution.
After the OpenNebula Front-end is correctly set up, the next step is preparing the hosts where the VMs are going to run. Please, refer to the documentation site for more details.
- OpenNebula web page: https://opennebula.io
- Development and issue tracking: https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/issues
- Enterprise Services: https://opennebula.io/enterprise/
Copyright 2002-2020, OpenNebula Project, OpenNebula Systems (formerly C12G Labs).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the OpenNebula README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.