ownCloud alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Cloud Storage" category.
Alternatively, view ownCloud alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Syncthing9.8 8.9 ownCloud VS SyncthingOpen Source Continuous File Synchronization
Nextcloud9.3 10.0 L4 ownCloud VS Nextcloud☁️ Nextcloud server, a safe home for all your data
Seafile8.6 7.8 L3 ownCloud VS SeafileHigh performance file syncing and sharing, with also Markdown WYSIWYG editing, Wiki, file label and other knowledge management features.
Swift7.0 9.4 L2 ownCloud VS SwiftOpenStack Storage (Swift). Mirror of code maintained at opendev.org.
git-annex assistant6.0 9.9 ownCloud VS git-annex assistantA synchronised folder on each of your OSX and Linux computers, Android devices, removable drives, NAS appliances, and cloud services.
SparkleShare4.7 - ownCloud VS SparkleShareProvides cloud storage and file synchronization services. By default, it uses Git as a storage backend.
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ownCloud or a related project?
ownCloud gives you freedom and control over your own data. A personal cloud which runs on your own server.
Why Is This so Awesome?
- :file_folder: Access your Data You can store your files, contacts, calendars and more on a server of your choosing.
- :package: Sync your Data You keep your files, contacts, calendars and more synchronized amongst your devices.
- :arrows_counterclockwise: Share your Data You share your data with others, and give them access to your latest photo galleries, your calendar or anything else you want them to see.
- :rocket: Expandable with dozens of Apps ...like Calendar, Contacts, Mail or News.
- :cloud: All Benefits of the Cloud ...on your own Server.
- :lock: Encryption You can encrypt data in transit with secure https connections. You can enable the encryption app to encrypt data on storage for improved security and privacy.
For installing ownCloud, see the official ownCloud 10 installation manual.
Development Build Prerequisites
Note that when doing a local development build, you need to have Composer v2 installed. If your OS provides a lower version than v2, you can install Composer v2 manually. As an example, which may be valid for other releases/distros too, see How to install Composer on Ubuntu 22.04 | 20.04 LTS.
You also must have installed
node (v14 or higher).
Learn about the different ways you can get support for ownCloud: https://owncloud.com/support/
Get in Touch
- :clipboard: Forum
- :hash: IRC channel
- :busts_in_silhouette: Facebook
- :hatching_chick: Twitter
Important Notice on Translations
Please submit translations via Transifex: https://explore.transifex.com/owncloud-org/
See the detailed information about translations here.