Avg Release Cycle
1202 days ago
v1.4.3December 04, 2019
v1.4.2 ChangesDecember 11, 2015
- 🛠 Fix and update Travis builds.
- 🛠 Fix double 8 bit shift regression in #65.
- ⚠ Display warning, when the verbosity is set multiple times.
- ⚡️ Changed maintainership in all files. Other minor doc updates.
v1.4.1 ChangesAugust 17, 2015
- Properly capture rsyncs exitcode.
v1.4.0 ChangesJuly 01, 2015
- Tidy the code with perltidy
- 🛠 Fix --rsh command line option The --rsh option of rsync got errornously quoted (Debian Bug #743310)
- Define traps to unmount LVM parts after fail If you use LVM snapshots and rsnapshot fails, rsnapshot will unmount and remove the snapshot, too.
- cd to home before executing a command
- if($use_lazy_deletes): remove lockfile in any case
- Bail on failing cmd_(pre|post)exec If one of those commands fails, rsnapshot will exit with exit code != 0
- 🖨 Capture output from rsync and print/log if level is >=4
- 🖨 Print rsnpashot's PID when logging to syslog, instead of the logger's PID.
- 👉 make script uses pod2man instead of /usr/bin/pod2man
- 🚚 rsnapshot-diff: Fixed removed files reported as addition (+ mark)
- Introduction of backup_exec resource for running unix commands interspersed with backup and backup_script jobs.
- check for SIGPIPE, mainly in case cron fails when trying to mail (this is probably why rsnapshot dies mysteriously if it outputs when called by cron on a system which does not have mail working).
- ➕ add test case for -t showing --link-dest when there is only one snapshot
- if gnu_cp_al fails, test out a simple cp -al command before suggesting that the cp does not support -al.
- When snapshot_root does not exist, check existence of parent directories.
commandnow strips backticks before execution (bug fix based on suggestion from David Osborn).
- 🚚 Ignore extraneous output from lvremove command. (patch by Tim Connors)
- ⚡️ Update current maintainer status in Authors section of man page. (David Cantrell stepped down between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1.)
- ✂ Remove some old (1.1.x -> 1.2.0) upgrade notices from man page.
- Allow linux_lvm_cmd_* in config file to have options also.
- 👍 Allow
backticks with optionsin include_conf.
- 🛠 Fix inaccurate omission of --link-dest in test-mode output
- rsnapshot-diff: Add -s option to show size of each file.
v1.4.0.rc2June 17, 2015
v1.4.0.rc1June 15, 2015
v1.3.2September 03, 2014
v1.3.1 ChangesAugust 31, 2008
- 🛠 Fix help message mixup in lines between -c and -t.
- ➕ Add more specific error messages for not currently implemented potential per backup point options, like cmd_preexec.
- 👍 Allow named pipe as logfile - suggested by Patrice Levesque.
- Include rsnapshot-copy script written by Matt McCutchen.
- 👍 Allow
- 🔀 Apply fix-sync_first-rollback.diff patch from Matt McCutchen (02 Apr 2008).
- 🛠 Fix bug with link_dest not being used on second and later backups when you have link_dest 1 and sync_first 1. (Ignore $sync_dir_was_present)
- Patch from Adam Greenbaum to allow passing of ssh arguments correctly.
- David Grant added rsync_numtries to rsnapshot.conf.
- 🐧 Applied Ben Low's Linux LVM patch.
- Added stop_on_stale_lockfile, thanks to Henning Moll.
- 💻 Michael Ashley's fix for filter/space problems on the rsync command line.
- ✂ Remove trailing whitespace from command names in rsnapshot.conf.
- Warn about extra spaces between tab and argument.
- ➕ Added multi-line config options, thanks to Dieter Bloms.
- The 'interval' config option is now called 'retain'.
- chdir to avoid an obscure bug in some versions of GNU rm.
- Changed use_lazy_deletes option to use _delete.$$ directories.
- Added note about -H and hard links to docs for rsync_short_args.
- Include rsnapshot-diff.1 in rpm.
- 🛠 Fix bug with rsnapshot sync the first time (when .sync does not exist) trying to copy hourly.0 to .sync, even if hourly.0 doesn't exist. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=413439
v1.3.0 ChangesOctober 21, 2006
- Add files rsnapreport.pl Upgrading_from_1.1 rsnapshot-HOWTO.en.html to rpm.
- fix a bug with removing interval.delete (with use_lazy_deletes).
- rsnapshot detects the global ssh_args option being set multiple times, and gives a config error suggesting the per-backup ssh_args instead.
- Move Upgrading section of INSTALL to docs/Upgrading_from_1.1.
- Incorporate patch from Alan Batie to fix bugs with include_conf.
- check for quoting on $rsync_long_args rather than just splitting on space.
- 🔄 Change rsnapshot.conf default to have lockfile enabled.
- 🔒 Check for stale lock files (PID not currently running).
- explicitly add mode 0644 to sysopen() to create lockfile
- ⚠ give warning if write() or close() return 0 when writing/closing lockfile
- Make prev_max_interval "not present (yet), nothing to copy" message when rotating interval.0 more visible (level 3 instead of level 4).
- ➕ Add man page for rsnapshot-diff (generated from perldoc).
- ⚡️ Updates to rsnapshot man pages (via perldoc).
- Use =item in AUTHORS section
- move mis-placed =back
- document stale lock file detection
- strongly recommend using a lock file
- add a chmod to example backup script
- change crontab example for weekly from 4 "weekly"s per month to 1 per week
- expand on why higher intervals are done first via cron.
- Change space to tab after #cmd_rsnapshot_diff in rsnapshot.conf.default.in.
- In rpm patch, set cmd_rsnapshot_diff to /usr/bin/rsnapshot-diff.
- ✅ Set the test scripts t/*.t.in to run from the source directory and create directory t/support/files/a if necessary.
- Trim comments in README about gnu cp versions > 5.3 since rsnapshot strips trailing slashes for gnu cp with rsnapshot 1.2.9 and later.
- ➕ Add pointers to HOWTO and utils/rsnapreport.pl in README.
- 0️⃣ More examples (eg: timestamp backup_script) in rsnapshot.conf.default.in.
- 🔄 Change "Perhaps this is not GNU cp?" error message.
v1.2.9 ChangesMay 18, 2006
- 🚀 David Keegel [email protected] now responsible for release management
- ➕ Added utils/rsnapreport.pl, written by William Bear.
- Detect exit status 23 and 24 from rsync in rsync_cleanup_after_native_cp_al
- Add $! (system error message) to various warning messages in native_cp_al
- ➕ Add more examples and comments to rsnapshot.conf.default.in
- ✅ In Makefile*, for "make tar", include "t" (testing) in the tar file.
- Do not strip the trailing slash if it's a remote root filesystem. (This was a bug in rsnapshot 1.2.3 if you use "backup host:/ ...")
- Give a more descriptive error message "cannot have a remote snapshot_root" if user tries to configure an ssh path or rsync path as snapshot_root.
- ➕ Add some more description to the error "rsnapshot refuses to create snapshot_root when no_create_root is enabled", after checking whether the snapshot_root is a non-directory file, or just plain non-existent.
- 🔄 Changed default syslog level to 'info' instead of 'notice'
- ➕ Added include_conf directive
- 👍 Allowed remote ssh directory paths starting with "~/" as well as "/".
- 🔄 Changed rsnapshot maintainer from Nathan Rosenquist to David Cantrell
- David Cantrell [email protected] wrote the rsnapshot-diff utility
- 👍 Chris Petersen added cwrsync permanent-share support
- Robert Jackson [email protected] added use_lazy_deletes
- ➕ Added rollback for backup_scripts
- ➕ Added rsnapshot-diff to Autoconf/Automake install/build process
- ➕ Added sha1sum to utils/sign_packages.sh
- ➕ Added a CVS Id to key files
- 🛠 Fixed exit value for some test invocations
- ➕ Added 'rsnapshot diff' front-end to rsnapshot-diff
- Added cmd_rsnapshot_diff
- ➕ Added cmd_preexec
- ➕ Added cmd_postexec
- Added db prefs examples to utils/backup_mysql.sh and utils/backup_pgsql.sh
- 🛠 Fixed formatting with email addresses under AUTHORS section of man page
- ➕ Added an extra safety check in copy_symlink()
- Fixed swapped config comments about rsync_long_args in write_upgrade_config_file()
- ➕ Added optional use of the CPAN Lchown module
- ➕ Added safe_chown() wrapper to handle chown() calls safely
- ➕ Added warning message if we can't properly lchown a symlink
- Added fixes in sync_cp_src_dest() and sync_rm_dest() to properly delete a file that is being replaced with a directory
- Fixed error message for dest not being specified in sync_rm_dest()
- Changed skip message level to 2 in rsync_backup_point()
- Added better file type checking in sync_cp_src_dest()
- Removed redundant stat() calls in sync_cp_src_dest() and sync_rm_dest()
- ✂ Removed trailing slashes from file paths when calling cp -al subroutines
- 🔄 Changed show_usage() to use here printing
- Changed strip trailing slash operation in rsync_backup_point() to use strip_trailing_slash()
- Fixed incorrect call to cmd_rm_rf() in handle_interval()
- 🛠 Fixed trailing slash on call to bail() in handle_interval()
- ➕ Added sync_first feature (touches a lot of code)
- When link_dest is enabled, rsnapshot will now hunt for the newest available directory to use as a link_dest target (up to the oldest directory)
- When use_lazy_deletes is enabled, remove the lockfile before the final delete
- 0️⃣ Expanded on default (no args) and help messages
- ✅ Added show_latest_snapshot() subroutine for shell scripts
- Fixed sync_if_different() to allow alternating directories and files to be created with the same names between runs
- ✂ Removed redundant line width and indent values in wrap_cmd() calls
- Anthony Ettinger [email protected] wrote utils/mysqlbackup.pl
- Sherman Boyd wrote utils/random_file_verify.sh