GLPI alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "IT Asset Management" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of GLPI or a related project?
GLPI stands for Gestionnaire Libre de Parc Informatique is a Free Asset and IT Management Software package, that provides ITIL Service Desk features, licenses tracking and software auditing.
- Inventory of computers, peripherals, network printers and any associated components through an interface, with inventory tools such as: FusionInventory or OCS Inventory
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Item lifecycle management
- Licenses management (ITIL compliant)
- Management of warranty and financial information (purchase order, warranty and extension, damping)
- Management of contracts, contacts, documents related to inventory items
- Incidents, requests, problems and changes management
- Knowledge base and Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Asset reservation
Moreover, GLPI supports many plugins that provide additional features.
Check GLPI features by asking a free personnal demonstration on glpi-network.cloud
It is distributed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2 - please consult the file called COPYING for more details.
- A web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.)
- MariaDB >= 10.0 or MySQL >= 5.6
- PHP 5.6 or higher
Mandatory PHP extensions:
- gd (picture generation)
- curl (CAS authentication)
Recommended PHP extensions (to enable optional features)
- domxml (CAS authentication)
- imap (mail collector and users authentication)
- ldap (users authentication)
- openssl (encrypted communication)
- Supported browsers:
- IE 11+
- Firefox (including 2 latests ESR version)
Please, consider using browsers on editor's supported version
- Official website
- Translations on transifex service
- IRC : irc://irc.freenode.org/glpi
- Development documentation
- Plugin directory
- Plugin development documentation
Used JS libraries
- Chartist.js v0.10.1 MIT/WTFPL
- chartist-plugin-legend v0.6.0 ISC
- chartist-plugin-tooltip v0.0.17 MIT
- Font-Awesome v5.5.0 MIT
- fuzzy v0.1.3 MIT
- gridstack.js v unknow-dev MIT
- htmLawed v1.2.4 LGPL3/GPL2+
- jQuery v1.12.4 MIT
- jQuery UI v1.10.4 MIT
- jQuery plugins *
- Leaflet v1.3.4 BSD2S
- PrismJS v1.15.0 MIT
- spin.js v2.3.2 MIT
- TinyMCE v4.9.0 LGPL2.1
- Underscore.js v1.8.3 MIT
- Lodash v4.17.11 MIT
GLPI is a living software. Improvements are continuously made, new functionalities are being developed, and issues are being fixed.
To ease support and development, we need your help when encountering issues. There is a GLPI version typical lifecycle:
- A new major version (9.3) is released.
- Minor versions (9.3.x), fixing bugs or issues, are published after several weeks. Please consider updating to the latest realeased minor version if you encounter some bugs or performance issues.
- Several months after major version realesed, a new major version (9.4) is released Previous major versions become unsupported, please update to the new major version. Obviously, we provide support for the migration tools too!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the GLPI README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.