Bedrock is a simple, modular, WAN-replicated data foundation for global-scale applications. Taking each of those in turn:
* Bedrock is simple. This means it exposes the fewest knobs necessary, with appropriate defaults at every layer.
* Bedrock is modular. This means its functionality is packaged into separate “plugins” that are decoupled and independently maintainable.
* Bedrock is WAN-replicated. This means it is designed to endure the myriad real-world problems that occur across slow, unreliable internet connections.
* Bedrock is a data foundation. This means it is not just a simple database that responds to queries, but rather a platform on which data-processing applications (like databases, job queues, caches, etc) can be built.
* Bedrock is for global-scale applications. This means it is built to be deployed in a geo-redundant fashion spanning many datacenters around the world.
Bedrock alternatives and related tools
Based on the "RDBMS" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Bedrock or a related project?
Bedrock RecommendationsThere are no recommendations yet. Be the first to promote Bedrock!
Have you used Bedrock? Share your experience. Write a short recommendation and Bedrock, you and your project will be promoted on Awesome SysAdmin.
Recently added Bedrock resources
Be the first to add one!