EGroupware alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Collaborative Software" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of EGroupware or a related project?
|master||runs unit-tests after each commit|
|19.1||scrutinizer||runs static analysis on our codebase|
|17.1||manual testing with unusual browser versions or platforms|
Default and prefered installation method for EGroupware is via your package manager:
Installing EGroupware 19.1+ via Docker:
EGroupware 19.1 can be installed via Docker, in fact the DEB/RPM packages also does that. Instructions on how to run EGroupware in Docker are in doc/docker subdirectory.
Installing EGroupware 17.1 from github:
switch to 17.1 branch and follow instructions there
Installing EGroupware development version:
- install composer.phar from https://getcomposer.org/download/
apt/yum/zypper install nodejs npm install -g grunt-cli
- install EGroupware and dependencies
cd /path/to/your/docroot git clone https://github.com/EGroupware/egroupware.git # or firstname.lastname@example.org:EGroupware/egroupware.git for ssh cd egroupware ./install-cli.php
- install non-default EGroupware apps by cloning them into your egroupware directory eg.
cd /path/to/your/egroupware git clone https://github.com/EGroupware/wiki.git
- continue installation at http://localhost/egroupware/setup/
Keeping EGroupware up to date or switch to release branch:
cd /path/to/your/egroupware ./install-cli.php [<change-channel>] setup/setup-cli.php # will tell you if a schema-update is necessary
install-cli.php supports the following "channels":
- release: taged maintenance releases only eg. 17.1.20190222
- bugfix: release-branch incl. latest bugfixes eg. 17.1, if you are currently on 17.1.20190222
- <branch>: switch to given branch
- master: latest development for next release
To change the channel, call
For further instalation instructions see our wiki.