EGroupware alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Collaborative Software" category.
Alternatively, view egroupware alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
SOGo5.6 9.6 L1 EGroupware VS SOGoSOGo is a very fast and scalable modern collaboration suite (groupware). It offers calendaring, address book management, and a full-featured Webmail client along with resource sharing and permission handling. It also makes use of documented standards (IMAP, CalDAV, CardDAV, etc.) and thereby provides native connectivity (without plugins) to many clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal, the iPhone, Mozilla Lightning, and a plethora of mobile devices.
Horde Groupware3.8 0.0 L3 EGroupware VS Horde GroupwareThis is the old, deprecated, monolith Horde repository, archived here for historical reasons.
Citadel/UXCollaboration suite (messaging and groupware) that is descended from the Citadel family of programs.
KolabAnother groupware suite.
ZimbraCollaborative software suite, that includes an email server and web client.
Clean code begins in your IDE with SonarLint
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of EGroupware or a related project?
|runs unit-tests after each commit|
|scrutinizer||runs static analysis on our codebase|
|manual testing with unusual browser versions or platforms|
Default and prefered installation method for EGroupware is via your Linux package manager:
Every other method (including a developer installation by cloning the repo) is way more complicated AND does not include all features, as part's of EGroupware are running in different containers, eg. the push-server!
Installing EGroupware 21.1 via Docker for non-Linux environments or not supported Linux distros:
EGroupware 21.1 can be installed via Docker, in fact the DEB/RPM packages also does that. Instructions on how to run EGroupware in Docker are in our Wiki and in doc/docker subdirectory.
Installing EGroupware development version via Docker:
- this is the prefered developer installation, as it contains eg. a push-server container
Deprecated EGroupware development installation:
- install composer.phar from https://getcomposer.org/download/
- optional: for minified CSS install grunt
apt/yum/zypper install nodejs npm install -g grunt-cli
- install EGroupware and dependencies
cd /path/to/your/docroot git clone https://github.com/EGroupware/egroupware.git # or [email protected]:EGroupware/egroupware.git for ssh cd egroupware ./install-cli.php
- install non-default EGroupware apps by cloning them into your egroupware directory eg.
cd /path/to/your/egroupware git clone https://github.com/EGroupware/wiki.git
- continue installation at http://localhost/egroupware/setup/
Keeping EGroupware up to date or switch to release branch:
cd /path/to/your/egroupware ./install-cli.php [<change-channel>] setup/setup-cli.php # will tell you if a schema-update is necessary
install-cli.php supports the following "channels":
- release: taged maintenance releases only eg. 19.1.20200701
- bugfix: release-branch incl. latest bugfixes eg. 20.1, if you are currently on 20.1.20200710
- <branch>: switch to given branch
- master: latest development for next release
To change the channel, call
For further instalation instructions see our wiki.