Light Table alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Editors" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Light Table or a related project?
Light Table is a next generation code editor that connects you to your creation with instant feedback. Light Table is very customizable and can display anything a Chromium browser can.
Light Table is putting out a call for additional maintainers! There is plenty to do for nearly every aspect of the project. Ranging from digging deep down into the internals, writing documentation, fixing bugs, writing plugins, or triaging new issues, Light Table could use a hand. If you are interested, please reach out.
Prebuilt binaries are available through lighttable.com. To build and use a developer version of Light Table [see these instructions](doc/developer-install.md).
For OSX users, the install process involves the following steps until we officially sign our OSX App:
- In Finder, Ctrl-click on LightTable.app/ and select Open.
- When you see this prompt about LightTable being unidentified, click Open.
- If Ctrl-click doesn't work for you, open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, temporarily change "Allow apps downloaded from:" to Anywhere and double click on LightTable.app.
- See docs.lighttable.com for official user documentation and tutorials.
- See the community wiki which includes a User FAQ and a For Users page for additional links.
- For a typical Light Table workflow, [read this](doc/workflow.md).
- To understand how Light Table works, read about its [BOT architecture](doc/BOT.md).
- See Light Table's API docs to see what plugin authors have access to.
- If you're a user coming from vim or emacs see the For Vim Users and For Emacs Users guides.
Light Table has a powerful plugin system that allows almost any aspect of the editor to be extended and customized. With over 100+ plugins, the community is able to offer eval support for new languages, create domain-specific IDEs and much more. If you're interested in writing your own plugin, see the Write a Plugin and Submit a Plugin docs. For an example ClojureScript plugin, see LightTable-Declassifier.
Want to ask a question or just say hi? Please do :). Our mailing list is the Light Table Google group. We also hang out in
#lighttable on Freenode IRC.
All files in this project are under the [LICENSE.md](LICENSE.md) license unless otherwise stated in the file or by a dependency's license file.
Big thanks to all our contributors! Thanks of course to Kodowa for all they have done for Light Table and also to Cognitect for providing friday contributions for one of the core team members.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Light Table README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.