nsedit v1.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2016-08-08 // almost 4 years ago
- The create user-dialog was broken
- 📚 Documentation added for Ubuntu users that are running 4.0.0-alpha versions.
Previous changes from v1.0
✅ Lots of new features and fixes. Greatest change is that we now support the official PDNS Api, for PDNS >= 4.0.0!
- We now open the records if you click the row. (Closes #2)
- We store the owner of a zone in Pdns. (Closes #25)
- We allow setting 'set-ptr', which tries to set the PTR for an A or AAAA-record. See https://doc.powerdns.com/md/httpapi/api_spec/#url-apiv1serversserver95idzoneszone95id (Closes #51)
- 🌲 We implemented logging. (Closes #67)
- 👌 Support PDNS >= 4.0.0. (Closes #73)
- 👯 We can clone zones (Closes #81)
- We can sort the records on Name, Type and Content (Closes #83)
Other stuff to note:
- Searching is now done by Pdns via the (undocumented) search-data-call. It searches zonenames, records and comments.
- A lot of new stuff has been written to make objects of a zone and its component. Main reason for that is that PDNS decided not to do 'records' anymore, but 'rrsets', which hold records. You might notice that you are unable to set a different TTL for two records in the same rrset. This is illegal because TTL is part of an rrset, not a record.
- You may want to look at includes/class/ if you are looking for ways to communicate with PDNS via PHP. It might make your life easier.
- NSEdit is no longer using submodules which made installation a bit difficult. We're now using subtrees which also include the files of the subtrees in the nsedit repo. This makes downloading NSEdit easier (as a ZIP/tar.gz file).
- 🚀 v0.9 has been released for those of you that are still running PDNS < 4 (like me ;))
🔧 Configuring PowerDNS
👍 Minimal cofiguration of PowerDNS for supporting nsedit has to include 3 directives:
webserver=yes api=yes api-key=SomeRandomString
Special note for Ubuntu Xenial Xerus 16.04 users:
pdnspackage included in Ubuntu repositories has the version of 4.0.0-alpha2 and nsedit v1.0 doesn't work with it due to API incompatibility.
✅ If your PowerDNS version is not the latest one, please consider adding PowerDNS repository to your system.
Detailed instructions for adding repository are available at http://repo.powerdns.com/