OSSEC alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "Security" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of OSSEC or a related project?
OSSEC v3.6.0 Copyright (C) 2019 Trend Micro Inc.
Information about OSSEC
OSSEC is a full platform to monitor and control your systems. It mixes together all the aspects of HIDS (host-based intrusion detection), log monitoring and SIM/SIEM together in a simple, powerful and open source solution.
Visit our website for the latest information. www.ossec.net
The current stable releases are available on the ossec website.
The development version is hosted on GitHub and just a simple git clone away.
Credits and Thanks
- OSSEC comes with a modified version of zlib and a small part of openssl (sha1 and blowfish libraries)
- This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)
- This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This product include software developed by the zlib project (Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler)
- This product include software developed by the cJSON project (Dave Gamble)
- Atomicorp hosting the annual OSSEC conference. Presentations for the 2019 conference can be found at https://www.atomicorp.com/ossec-con2019/