PowerDNS-Admin alternatives and similar tools
Based on the "DNS" category
Revision Control: see awesome-selfhosted#project-management
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of PowerDNS-Admin or a related project?
A PowerDNS web interface with advanced features.
- Multiple domain management
- Domain template
- User management
- User access management based on domain
- User activity logging
- Support Local DB / SAML / LDAP / Active Directory user authentication
- Support Google / Github / Azure / OpenID OAuth
- Support Two-factor authentication (TOTP)
- Dashboard and pdns service statistics
- DynDNS 2 protocol support
- Edit IPv6 PTRs using IPv6 addresses directly (no more editing of literal addresses!)
- Limited API for manipulating zones and records
There are several ways to run PowerDNS-Admin. Following is a simple way to start PowerDNS-Admin using Docker
Step 1: Update the configuration
docker-compose.yml file to update the database connection string in
SQLALCHEMY_DATABASE_URI. Other environment variables are mentioned in the legal_envvars.
Step 2: Start docker container
$ docker-compose up
You can now access PowerDNS-Admin at url http://localhost:9191
NOTE: For other methods to run PowerDNS-Admin, please take look at WIKI pages.