Avg Release Cycle
111 days ago
v2.0.0 ChangesNovember 08, 2017
🚀 This release includes a completely rewritten storage, huge performance 👌 improvements, but also many backwards incompatible changes. For more information, read the announcement blog post and migration guide.
https://prometheus.io/blog/2017/11/08/announcing-prometheus-2-0/ 📄 https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/2.0/migration/
- [CHANGE] Completely rewritten storage layer, with WAL. This is not backwards compatible with 1.x storage, and many flags have changed/disappeared.
- [CHANGE] New staleness behavior. Series now marked stale after target scrapes no longer return them, and soon after targets disappear from service discovery.
- [CHANGE] Rules files use YAML syntax now. Conversion tool added to promtool.
- [CHANGE] Removed
keep_commonmodifier from PromQL.
- 🐎 [CHANGE] Rewritten exposition format parser with much higher performance. The Protobuf exposition format is no longer supported.
- ⚡️ [CHANGE] Example console templates updated for new storage and metrics names. Examples other than node exporter and Prometheus removed.
- 0️⃣ [CHANGE] Admin and lifecycle APIs now disabled by default, can be re-enabled via flags
- [CHANGE] Flags switched to using Kingpin, all flags are now --flagname rather than -flagname.
- 🔧 [FEATURE/CHANGE] Remote read can be configured to not read data which is available locally. This is enabled by default.
- [FEATURE] Rules can be grouped now. Rules within a rule group are executed sequentially.
- [FEATURE] Added experimental GRPC apis
- [FEATURE] Add timestamp() function to PromQL.
- 🔧 [ENHANCEMENT] Remove remote read from the query path if no remote storage is configured.
- ⏱ [ENHANCEMENT] Bump Consul HTTP client timeout to not match the Consul SD watch timeout.
- [ENHANCEMENT] Go-conntrack added to provide HTTP connection metrics.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix connection leak in Consul SD.
v1.8.2 ChangesNovember 04, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] EC2 service discovery: Do not crash if tags are empty.
v1.8.1 ChangesOctober 19, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Correctly handle external labels on remote read endpoint
v1.8.0 ChangesOctober 06, 2017
- [CHANGE] Rule links link to the Console tab rather than the Graph tab to not trigger expensive range queries by default.
- [FEATURE] Ability to act as a remote read endpoint for other Prometheus servers.
- 👍 [FEATURE] K8s SD: Support discovery of ingresses.
- 📇 [FEATURE] Consul SD: Support for node metadata.
- 👍 [FEATURE] Openstack SD: Support discovery of hypervisors.
- [FEATURE] Expose current Prometheus config via
- 👷 [FEATURE] Allow to collapse jobs on
- [FEATURE] Add
- 👍 [FEATURE] Add color scheme support to console templates.
- [ENHANCEMENT] Remote storage connections use HTTP keep-alive.
- 🌲 [ENHANCEMENT] Improved logging about remote storage.
- [ENHANCEMENT] Relaxed URL validation.
- [ENHANCEMENT] Openstack SD: Handle instances without IP.
- 🔧 [ENHANCEMENT] Make remote storage queue manager configurable.
- [ENHANCEMENT] Validate metrics returned from remote read.
- 0️⃣ [ENHANCEMENT] EC2 SD: Set a default region.
- 📄 [ENHANCEMENT] Changed help link to
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix floating-point precision issue in
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix pprof endpoints when -web.route-prefix or -web.external-url is used.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix handling of
nulltarget groups in file-based SD.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Set the sample timestamp in date-related PromQL functions.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Apply path prefix to redirect from deprecated graph URL.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fixed tests on MS Windows.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Check for invalid UTF-8 in label values after relabeling.
v1.7.2 ChangesSeptember 26, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Correctly remove all targets from DNS service discovery if the corresponding DNS query succeeds and returns an empty result.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Correctly parse resolution input in expression browser.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Consistently use UTC in the date picker of the expression browser.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Correctly handle multiple ports in Marathon service discovery.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix HTML escaping so that HTML templates compile with Go1.9.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Prevent number of remote write shards from going negative.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] In the graphs created by the expression browser, render very large and small numbers in a readable way.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix a rarely occurring iterator issue in varbit encoded chunks.
v1.7.1 ChangesJune 12, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix double prefix redirect.
v1.7.0 ChangesJune 06, 2017
- [CHANGE] Compress remote storage requests and responses with unframed/raw snappy.
- [CHANGE] Properly ellide secrets in config.
- [FEATURE] Add OpenStack service discovery.
- [FEATURE] Add ability to limit Kubernetes service discovery to certain namespaces.
- [FEATURE] Add metric for discovered number of Alertmanagers.
- 🖨 [ENHANCEMENT] Print system information (uname) on start up.
- 💻 [ENHANCEMENT] Show gaps in graphs on expression browser.
- 👕 [ENHANCEMENT] Promtool linter checks counter naming and more reserved labels.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix broken Mesos discovery.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix redirect when external URL is set.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix mutation of active alert elements by notifier.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix HTTP error handling for remote write.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix builds for Solaris/Illumos.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix overflow checking in global config.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix log level reporting issue.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix ZooKeeper serverset discovery can become out-of-sync.
v1.6.3 ChangesMay 18, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix disappearing Alertmanager targets in Alertmanager discovery.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix panic with remote_write on ARMv7.
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix stacked graphs to adapt min/max values.
v1.6.2 ChangesMay 11, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Fix potential memory leak in Kubernetes service discovery
v1.6.1 ChangesApril 19, 2017
- 🛠 [BUGFIX] Don't panic if storage has no FPs even after initial wait